Ecological Landscape Crew Assistant
Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary, Wales, MA
Position and Pay
· Full-time, seasonal position starting on or around June 16, ending on or around October 17, 2020. 720 hours total.
· 40 hours/week, Tuesdays through Saturdays.
· $14-18/hour depending on experience.
Prior landscape experience is preferred but not necessary if applicant has a strong desire to learn gardening, native plant identification and care, landscape and habitat assessment and restoration skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
· Commercial mower and chain saw training preferred.
· Ability to work in inclement weather including buggy conditions and hot, cold or wet weather.
· Ability to handle strenuous manual labor associated with outdoor work.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Current driver’s license and own transportation.
· Must adhere to Norcross safety protocols (including those designed around Covid-19.)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Landscape maintenance: mowing, weeding, planting, pruning, watering, etc.
· Habitat improvement: native plant care, invasive plant removal, tree thinning, seed collection and cleaning, pollinator planting, etc.
· General site maintenance: tool up-keep and cleaning, culvert clearing, indoor storage maintenance and cleaning
Norcross Wildlife Foundation, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law. We value diversity.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter and contact information for two references to Vincent Normand at: email@example.com. Include your name and “Landscape Assistant Application” in the subject line.
Norcross Wildlife Sanctuary includes thousands of acres of wooded hills, ponds and streams. It is maintained by the Norcross Wildlife Foundation, Inc. whose purpose is the conservation of wildlife and the active practice of conservation for the benefit of the public. This includes propagation of native plants, the preservation of birds and wildlife and the conservation of land and water.